Sunday, August 13, 2017

CHALLENGE ENTRY 1 Mystery Poet

Mystery Poet: ENTRY 1

Are you in a drought?
The arid summer days,
No water from rain,
Fruit seems its dying,
Living seem naught,
Hopelessness stays,
Happiness you feign,
On self relying,
No sun-splashed times,
Nothing to look forward to,
Can’t find joy,
There’s nothing to find,
Always hitting mines,
Life comes against you,
Nothing to enjoy,
Burdened in your mind,
Summer, winter,
Springtime, harvest,
Sun, moon, and stars,
Held in their courses above,
He is the center,
Holding North, South, East, West,
He sets the bars,
For His glory He does love.
Who do I think I am?
Not the captain of my soul,
I don’t control a thing,
Not my own sovereign,
I’m just a weak lamb,
My soul I can’t hold,
I can’t stop the sting,
In this life I do not reign,
Men without purpose,
If we were our own king,
Sin is our uniform,
We’ve had no hope within,
Empty, vain, useless,
When our praise we do sing.
Our glory cannot ever win,
We’re not Jack Sparrows,
We’ll not cheat sin’s curse,
Without Christ’s sacrifice,
We’d be dead in our sin,
Satan’s purposed arrows,
In us wickedness would course,
I am not my own,
Purchased with great price,
Innocent one became guilty,
Me, the guilty one, now innocent?
His blood did atone,
I am clean,
I was once filthy,
Mortified, mortifying every vice,
It doesn’t make sense,
Boggling the mind,
Perfection slayed for the imperfect,
Jesus slayed, He frees,
Hope elsewhere we can’t find,
For sin God must reject,
Open your eyes and see,
Christ died for pardon,
His death did suffice,
Believe, please believe,
Repent and continue to repent.
The drought will end,
Summer will be full,
Fruit will avail,
For Christ now reigns,
He does not bend,
He is faithful,
Your hope won’t fail,
For His blood in your veins.

No comments:

31 Days of Horror Results. (I Drop Several F-Bombs. For Emphasis! I'm Not Sorry! Okay, maybe a little sorry...)

 It's not thirty-one days. I do know how to count. I just was not in a great place mentally to follow a schedule for something that was ...