Sunday, July 7, 2019

Book Review! Amy Fontaine's Mist!

(Reposting this from another blog that I run/ran, because I really do like this book and would definitely encourage others to read it! I wrote this review while I was at college.)

This is a book review done for a book by a friend of mine from a writing guild I am a member of. It is called Mist, and it is by a fantastic writer named Amy Fontaine.

Mist is the debut novel of a fantastic person and writer. It features five children of varying ages and starts them off as confused kids with no memories of who they are or how they came to be where they are. The writer does a fantastic job of putting faces to characters whose names we (and the character's themselves) don't even know yet. As the story goes we get more and more peeks as to who these children are and whom they used to be. OH! And these are magical shapeshifters! And they can transform into animals! HECK YEAH!

We have Karen, who is the self-proclaimed leader and protector. There is Samuel, the sweet caring member of this quintet, Tessa is the younger member of the team, who's sweet and mischevious. Jack is the intellectual type but also serves as a bit of a protector as well. And then there is my favorite character, Loki, the shy and slightly darker one. The story follows these five through the whole book as they work on themselves and with each other to defeat a really, really bad dude who is terrorizing the new world they woke up in.

GUYS! I RECOMMEND THE HECK OUT OF THIS BOOK! Amy did a fantastic job, and I really can't wait to read more from her.

Here are the links to Amy's Twitter and her book. Please go give her some love, and get her book!

https://twitter.com/fontainepen
https://www.amazon.com/Mist-Amy-Fontaine/dp/1945247142/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1522550216&sr=1-1

Been awhile since I have done a book review. Should have another coming soon as I finish another book O.O As in reading.

No comments:

31 Days of Horror Results. (I Drop Several F-Bombs. For Emphasis! I'm Not Sorry! Okay, maybe a little sorry...)

 It's not thirty-one days. I do know how to count. I just was not in a great place mentally to follow a schedule for something that was ...