Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Break In Boss! :D

Shane slept peacefully that night, till about 11:30 when he head something hit the floor. He jolted up. “GAH!” There was someone in his room… Someone was IN HIS ROOM. Of course he couldn’t tell who it was because it was kind of dark and his sight was a little blurred. As his vision cleared, he could see someone standing by his dresser watching him

He took his flashlight from is bedside and shined it at the figure who winced, “Aim that somewhere else please! Goodness gracious that’s a bright light.” Tekky waved away from him

“Tekky?!” He shut the flashlight off and put his paws to his neck. “You didn’t bite me, did you?”

Tekky blushed a little. “N-No…” He came to sit on the edge of the bed. “I-I wanted to apologize if I scared you yesterday or today. I am just used to scaring newbies, I never thought I would come to like you… and want to be your friend.”

Shane sat up a little, rubbing his eyes, still a bit wary. “Don’t feel bad… I probably should apologize… I shouldn’t have been so rude to you today and ignored you. You were just being friendly…”

Tekky smiled, “Maybe we could try again? There’s a cool coffee/donut shop in town that is open 24/7 for all us sleepless monsters.” Tekky winked. “And the best donuts you’ll ever eat.” He smiled a small smile. “Wanna hang out and talk over some donuts?”

Shane made a face. “At 11 at night?” He nervously looked out the window, then back at the vamp, “What if I say no?”

Tekky crossed his arms. “Well that wouldn’t be very nice… I’d have to kidnap you.” He reached into his pockets and pulled out cuffs and duct tape. “I brought handcuffs and tape to do just that if you say no!”

Shane scooted back awkwardly. “H-How could I say no to that.”

Tekky grinned. “Great! Front door or back?”

Shane sighed, “We don’t need to sneak out.”

Tekky tilted his head. “Why?”
Shane nodded to the doorway, “My dad is standing right there.”

Tekky turned to see Wilson leaning against the door frame. “You know how weird it is that you just called me dad, Shane?”

Shane giggled. “Well it’s not like he knows your name.”
Tekky smirked, “You mean Wilson?” Shane gave him a blank look, “I heard him and your mom talking when I broke in.”

Shane looked up at Wilson, “So… Can I go with Tekky?”

Wilson shrugged, “As long as no one kills you, I don’t have a problem.”

Shane grinned and hugged his dad. “Okay. Bye now.”

Tekky grinned and grabbed Shane’s arm and suddenly smoke started to rise from the ground. “Hold on!”

Shane’s eyes widened, “What on earth?!” The smoke swirled around him until he couldn’t see his room anymore. Suddenly the smoke just cleared, like as if it was never there. And they were standing in front of the bright colored shop they had passed when Shane had first came into town.

Tekky grinned, “Welcome to Haylo’s!”

Shane looked around frantically. “What… How?!”

Tekky grinned, “Well I am a vampire, I can travel in puffs of smoke.”

Shane looked a little dizzy, “I thought vampires turned into bats or something like that.”

Tekky crossed his arms, “Well that’s offensive. Vampire movies suck at portraying us correctly.”

Shane cocked his head, “Was that pun intentional?

Tekky thought about his last statement and laughed, “No, but it sure worked.” He opened the door for Shane. “After you my good sir.”

Shane rolled his eyes, “Gee, you are such a gentleman.”

Tekky grins. “Depends on the situation.” He winked at Shane as he walked ahead to the counter where a husky was serving some kids donuts and shakes. “Heyo Haylo!”

Shane looked around the shop. The shop probably used LED lighting because Shane saw several vampires walking around, sitting or chatting.

“Tekky.” The husky smiled. “I see you found yourself a friend.” He stuck his paw out. “Hello. I’m Haylo. I own this shop.”

“Shane. Shane Sheppard.” Shane shook Haylo’s paw. “So what are you?”

Haylo gave him a look. “You don’t just ask people what they are? What if I asked you why you hate orange pie, or why Tekky wears fluffy pink pajamas.”

Shane backed up. “I didn’t mean to offend…”

Tekky blushed a bit. “He’s like you. Normal. Plus he was messing with you.”

Shane looked at Haylo, who grinned. “Oh.” He blushed a bit.

Tekky smiled, “What do you want?”

Shane looked up at all of the choices. “That’s a lot of flavors. Where do you get all the donut recipes?”

Haylo smiles. “Some of them are family recipes, a lot of them were experimentally, and some are from friends.” He pointed at one of the displays of donuts at a purple one. “This one is actually Tekky’s recipe. It’s a purple strawberry shortcake donut filled with a cream cheese filling.”

Tekky beamed proudly, “I call it Tek-nically Strawberry Bamboozlement!”

Shane chuckled. “That sounds delicious. Can I get that one?”

“Sure.” Tekky grinned, “My treat.” He pulled his wallet out. Shane moved to stop him, but Tekky flashed him a fanged grin. “There a problem?”

Shane closed his mouth and moved back a bit. “Umm… I was wondering if… I could have chocolate shake too?” He gave an unconvincing smile.

Tekky grinned at Haylo, “Gee now that sounds like an excellent idea. Don’t you think Haylo?”

Haylo chuckled, “Your persistence in noteable, Sir Tekky.”

Tekky bowed, “Thank you King Haylo!”

Haylo grinned, “Oh hush you.”

Shane chuckled as he watched them talk, when he became aware of a shy, but rather large wolf standing next to him. “H-Hi there.”

Shane turned and smiled nervously when he saw that he was a vampire. “Hey…”

The wolf fidgeted shyly. “I’m Malik. C-Can I bite you?”

Shane scooted away, “Um… Please don’t…”

Malik blushed even more. “S-sorry… Momma says it's impolite to bite without asking, so I always ask first…”

Shane fidgeted, “Um… Well, that is very polite of you…” He smiled, “My name is Shane.”

Malik smiled a little and gave him a big hug. “Nice to meet you.”

Shane was taken by surprised, but since it was a hug, who was he to  reject it. He hugged back. “Nice to meet you too! You seem very nice.”

Two other wolves walked up. One of them, his fur a light brown, giggled. “Malik is a sweetheart. Everyone thinks so.” He extended his paw. “I’m Johnathon and this here is James. You’re that new screaming kid right? Shane?”

Shane smiled as they started talking to each other and he got to know them… and as they talked he actually felt good about this new town… even though it did have its downs...



(Haylo and Tekky owned by my friends Haylo Husky and Tekky the furry ALL RIGHTS GO TO THEM)

No comments:

31 Days of Horror Results. (I Drop Several F-Bombs. For Emphasis! I'm Not Sorry! Okay, maybe a little sorry...)

 It's not thirty-one days. I do know how to count. I just was not in a great place mentally to follow a schedule for something that was ...