Monday, June 17, 2019

Nerdy Obsessions of 2019?

*cracks knuckles* Alright. Lets tackle some of these. Also fair warning most of these should be viewed with discretion if you are under the age of thirteen as some of these could contain profanity and stuff. OKAY COOL LETS GO

As you all know this year was a big year for the Marvel Cinematic Universe with the end of Phase Three with Avengers Endgame (though I think it technically ends with Spiderman Far From Home). An epic conclusion that tied up everything the previous films were leading up to, and offering us a look into some future installments like the next Guardians film and as I said before the upcoming Spiderman film. There were other things in it too, but I will get into those in a future post. The thing is, this movie really was a good send off. Overall it paid homage to a cinematic universe that has been running for the last ten years. If you haven't seen it I'd recommend it. As I said I will be doing a fuller review on another post.

And speaking of Endgame, there was another highly anticipated superhero who also came in with a stellar film. Captain Marvel, AKA Carol Danvers, made her official MCU debut in March. (I went to see it for my birthday AND went to Cheesecake factory!) I have so many good things to say about this movie. I loved the chemistry between her and Nick Fury, I positively adored the story and how powerful Carol really is. I know there is definitely a bit of social commentary in the film, but I feel like it enhanced my enjoyment of this film. I went into it expecting one thing and was completely blown away. I will also probably be reviewing this movie. Another thing I will say about this movie is that I loved the core cast, especially in the second half of the film. Everyone just seemed to mesh together so well.

As of lately I have been drawn into the complicated universe of Once Upon A Time, a show about a young woman who is drawn to a quiet main town by a young boy who says the town is full of cursed fairy tale characters (more like Disney characters!). Oh and the boy is her son she gave up for adoption several years before. I think my favorite part about this show is the cast of characters. From Ginnifer Godwin to Lana Parilla (My favorite Evil Queen!) each cast member brings wonderful life to their characters and has really revived my love for Fractured Fairytales! The show recently ended with an apparently underwhelming Season 7, but don't let bad reviews discourage you from checking it out.

Another long running series I have been drawn into is Pretty Little Liars, a tv show following four girls in a town drowning in secrets. Secrets that a dark figure wishes to bring to light. It's a thrilling game so far as I have seen. If you are a fan of soap operas this show literally has so much tea to spill. With an amazing core cast of Lucy Hale, Ashley Benson, Torian Bellsario, and Shay Mitchell this show immediately has a suspenseful air showing us that each girl has things they are hiding and that a certain person from their lives is purposely plotting to bring them all down. This show is definitely not for people younger than thirteen and I would highly advise not watching it if you are not into scandal or soap operas or intense drama. This show aired for seven seasons and has been given a spinoff in the form of Perfectionists starring series regulars Sasha Pieterse and Janel Parrish which is on Freeform if you are curious about it.

Finally! The Arrowverse is apparently wrapping up two major shows on the CW and not reviving Arrow or Flash for another season after the upcoming Eighth and Sixth seasons. While it will be sad to see them leave, the last we see them has opened up the window for a HUGE crossover event. I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it, but this crossover is slated to include Flash, Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl, and Batwoman with rumors that Black Lightning may possibly be getting in on the action too. With a crossover this big covering a comic event that had a huge impact on the DC Universe as a whole, you can bet we are going to be seeing some huge things happen to our heroes (and possibly our villains). I don't know too much about this crossover yet, only that it will not be easy for die-hard fans of these shows and characters to watch.

I am excitedly anticipating the return of Peter Parker, MJ, and Ned to the big screen in Spiderman Homecoming later this month! I am still super curious about the intentions of Jake Gyllenhal's Mysterio, but that'll probably talk for another time.


Thanks for joining me for another Nerdy Obsession post. My last one was so long ago and kinda dull and underwhelming so this felt really nice. Anyway! Toodles!


No comments:

31 Days of Horror Results. (I Drop Several F-Bombs. For Emphasis! I'm Not Sorry! Okay, maybe a little sorry...)

 It's not thirty-one days. I do know how to count. I just was not in a great place mentally to follow a schedule for something that was ...