Friday, September 29, 2017

(Another poem) Dreams and Nightmares

Dreams
Unrealistic realities taking place in our mind
Or maybe they are realistic
We dream while awake
We dream while asleep
Either way dreams are an escape
Or maybe a prison
We let our dreams have so much power
Power to paralyze with fear
Power to make us want to finish the dream
Then forget it all when we open our eyes
Not all dreams are unrealistic though
Some can be achieved
Not all of these dreams are happy ones
Nightmares in reality
More than paralyze us.
We want to wake up
But we realize we are already awake.
Dreams can be DANGEROUS
But not always
Just bear with me, I said dreams can be achieved
I didn't mean only bad dreams
You can go places
Or accomplish goals
Maybe you dreamed of marriage
Or hope for a family
Dreams can push you to achieve
Dreams can encourage
Dreams are GOOD

So next time you dream
Remember you will always dream
Whether scary, happy, sad.
I don't know\Just remember to always chase your dreams and fantasies
But keep the nightmares locked up in the back of your mind


No comments:

31 Days of Horror Results. (I Drop Several F-Bombs. For Emphasis! I'm Not Sorry! Okay, maybe a little sorry...)

 It's not thirty-one days. I do know how to count. I just was not in a great place mentally to follow a schedule for something that was ...