Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Sally Sparrow sounds better than Sally Nightingale for some reason. Dunno why

The Doctor stepped out of the Tardis and looked around the rickety old house. “Huh?” He went back inside the Tardis. “ALLISOOOOOOON?”


Allison peeked out of the Tardis wardrobe. “Yeah?”


“No need to dress up! We’re in Glasgow.”


She came out of the wardrobe and crossed her arms. “What year?”


“Same year as we left.” He grabbed his hoodie and a flashlight.


Allison walked up to the console. “After all that?” The Doctor grinned at her. “After everything we did? Civil War zombies? Daleks? The Canoreans? All that and now we’re back home?”


He chuckled, “Well… We are in Glasgow. But yeah. No time has passed at all. Well maybe an hour or so…” He thought a little for a second. “Well… Maybe a day.”


Allison gave him a look. “Sure. And you call yourself a timelord?”


“Hey! It’s not my fault! The Tardis doesn’t always take me where I want to go!”


“It’s your Tardis!”
The Doctor groaned, “It’s not my Tardis… Not exactly.”


“OOOOHHHH You’re a thief aren’t you?” She opened the doors to the Tardis and steps into the old house. “Wait… I thought you said we’re in Glasgow.”


He stepped out behind her and turned on the flashlight, ignoring her question. “Yeah. I did. Because we are in Glasgow.” He turned and put his hand on the Tardis. “What’s the point? What now?”


Allison examined the room. “What  are we, ghostbusters now?”


The Doctor shined his flashlight around the room. “Well, the Tardis brought us here. So something must be wrong. I find this is usually the case when I go places.”


Allison looked on the broken wooden desk in the corner of the room. “It looks like no one’s been here for almost fifty years. The current owner is a woman by the name of Sally Nightingale.”


“What?! I’m sorry?” He came over and snatched the paper she was holding and scanned it. “Sally Nightingale. Sally Nightingale. Sally Nightingale… Where do I know that name from… I knew a… Wait! Noooo way! Sally Sparrow?! Sally Sparrow! Sally Sparrow! Sounds a little better  when I am saying it that way.”


“What are you talking about, Doctor?” Allison watched him pace.


“Sally Sparrow. Very old friend. I haven’t seen her in about four thousand years.” The Doctor went to the doorway and looked down the hall. “Question is… Why buy an old house?”


Downstairs someone pounded on the door. “GLASGOW CITY POLICE! Open this door!”


The Doctor cocked his head. “How…” He ran down the stairs and threw the door open to see two policemen outside. “Ooooh Policemen! Hey there!” He was interrupted by the policemen grabbed him.


“We got reports of suspicious noises and lights coming from this house from the last three days. Who are you and what the hell is going on here?”


The Doctor struggled a little and broke out of the officer’s grasp. “I am the Doctor! And I just got here! How the heck am I supposed to know what’s going on here.”


The other officer grabbed his arm. “Listen ‘ere, boy. We’ve been watching the house four hours and no one has come in or out. So how did you get in, and why are you here?”


“I am not a boy, so you’d do well to watch your mouth!” He pulled out of the second officer's grasp. “And for your information, I just arrived here from traveling. I know nothing about what is going on here except that I know the owner of the house.”


Allison was upstairs watching all of what was going downstairs, while trying not to make herself known. If the Doctor hadn’t called her down, he obviously didn’t want her involved. She watched the Doctor joke mess around with the police officers and confuse him.


She heard something move in the other room and whisper. She walked down the hallway quietly, trying not to make any noise. She made her way to the middle of the hallway, when she heard something creak in the room next to her. She pushed the door open and whispered. “Hello?”


There was absolute quiet.


She pushed the door open and flipped the light on. The light didn’t turn on. She walked into the room and looked around. There were curtains over the windows, so the room was dim. As she turned, something grabbed her from behind and something fuzzy covered her mouth. She fought and tried to scream.


“Shhhhh… Please don’t scream. We’re not going to hurt you.” A male voice whispered.


She calmed down and stopped trying to struggle.


“Now I am going to let you go… Please promise not to yell.”


She nodded as she felt her captor let go. “W-Who are you?” She turned around and gasped at the sight of a wolf-like creature. He was furry all over wearing what she could only assume was battle gear. She stepped closer giving him the once over. “You’re an alien.”


The wolf looked a little surprised. “Well… Yes.” He pokes her arm. “Are you?”


She swatted at his paw. “No! I’m bloody human! Don’t touch.”


He put his finger to his lips. “SHHHH!”


Downstairs the officer heard Allison’s outburst. “What was that?” He looked at the Doctor. “You have friends? Were you destroying the place? I can lock you all up for trespassing.”


The Doctor crossed his arms. “I am the Doctor, just try to lock me up.”


One of the officers took out handcuffs and started putting them on him. “We’ll just see about that won’t we?”


“You want some identification?” He flailed his other arm around so they couldn’t put it into handcuffs. He reached in his pocket and pulled out his psychic paper. “I am Doctor John Smith. I work for the Unified Nations Intelligence Task Force… No wait. It’s 2017. It’s Unified Intelligence Taskforce now isn’t it.” He facepalmed.


The officer snatched it and glanced at it. He handed it to his . “This is fake.”

The Doctor smirked, “Want to chat it up with them, then? Tell them how you’re going to lock up their scientific advisor for just being in an old house? Please by all means. I’ll even let you use my cell.”

“You’re trying to distract us.” The officers pushed him aside and took out their sidearms and slowly started up the stairs. “This is the police! We know you’re there. Come out with your hands up!”

No comments:

31 Days of Horror Results. (I Drop Several F-Bombs. For Emphasis! I'm Not Sorry! Okay, maybe a little sorry...)

 It's not thirty-one days. I do know how to count. I just was not in a great place mentally to follow a schedule for something that was ...