Thursday, March 2, 2017

A.K.A Shane stops being surprised about stuff

Shane was brushing his teeth in his pajamas when he answered the door. But when he saw who was there he almost dropped his toothbrush.


“Hey Shane…” Mikey blushed a little. “Did we come at a bad time?”


Tekky chuckled and gave Shane the once-over. “I don’t know… He looks fine to me.”


Mikey rolled his eyes, “Everyone looks fine to you.”


Shane took his toothbrush out of his mouth. “What are you guys doing here? There’s no school today.”


Mikey looked at Tekky, “You tell him…”


Tekky looked at the ground. “No, you tell him. He’ll think I am crazy.”


Shane cocked his head. “Nothing has surprised me since I stepped into this town. So what is it? Is there another dragon?”


Tekky sighed, “My house is being used by mutant zombies as a training ground…


Mikey nodded, “And mine turned into a war zone.”


Shane sighed, “Oh… That sucks.”


“Can we stay here?” Tekky said without any warning.


Shane looked at them both. “Uhhhhhh…”


Tekky grinned and gave him a big, and rather long, hug. “Thanks Shaney!” He went inside and threw his bag onto the couch.


“But I…”


Mikey smiled and mumbled, “Just go with it.”


Shane smiled as Tekky turned to look at him with a worried look, “What?”


“... can’t say no to two of my best friends!” He tried to give a convincing smile.


Tekky gave him a smile that made him melt. “Oh thank goodness. I really didn’t have anyone else to go to… This really means a lot Shane.” He gave Shane another huge hug. “I love you buddy!”


Shane smiled. “Aww Thanks Tek.”


Klyde walked through the front door looking down at his phone. “Mom and Dad told me to come stay here. Apparently the mutant zombies got ticked at all the skeletons and they are having a huge throwdown.”


Shane cocked his head. “Why?”


Klyde sighed, “Apparently some of the skeletons were graffiting the zombies’ former graves with stuff like…” He paled as he looked up. “Stuff, I can’t say in front of your step-dad.”


Shane turned abruptly to see Wilson behind him. “Willllllson… Hey! How’s it going?” HE smiled nervously, knowing he'd have to explain stuff.


Wilson crossed his arms and gave the others a look. “Oh. I am alright… Just wondering why there are three other boys in my house at 7:30 in the morning…”


Tekky smiled a little, “Mutant zombies.”


Wilson facepalmed, “They trying to start another war?”


Mikey nodded. “Shane was kind enough to let us stay here while our houses turn into a war zone.”


Shane stiffened. Mikey wasn’t supposed to say that… Crap. He could feel Wilson’s glare on him. “I am such a good friend.”


Wilson sighed, “Yeah…” He smirked a little. “Okay. They can stay.”


Tekky smiled and gave Wilson a hug too, “YAY!”


Mikey smiled, “Thanks sir.”


Tekky looked at the fridge. “Do you guys have any strawberry muffins? I woke up to all of mine being eaten by zombies.”


“Zombies like muffins?” Shane cocked his head as he went to look.


Klyde nodded, “They’ll eat anything that squishes.”


Shane’s stomach lurched, “I knew that already… please don’t say that again…”


“HEY! DON’T TOUCH MY MUFFINS!”


“But I need muffins!” Tekky whined from the kitchen as he tried to keep the muffins away from Shane’s little brother. “Shane! Get this little ankle-biter off of me!”


Shane ran into the kitchen, “Kurt! Let him have a muffin!”


Kurt growled and flashed his fangs. “I’ll bite you.”


Shane rolled his eyes. He still wasn’t used to everyone else in his family being vampires. But he knew his brother. “I’ll tell mom about your secret candy stash buried in my sock drawer.”


Kurt let go of the muffins. “Fine. He can have them! Please don’t tell! You promised!”


Shane smiled. “Okay. Thank you.” He looked up at Tekky. “Did you need to fight with a ten year old?”


Tekky smiled, “Yep! Thanks for vouching for me!”


Shane nodded, but for some reason he was a little… nervous. He had the feeling he was going to regret this.

1 comment:

Myriad said...

Ha ha! XD These are amazing!

31 Days of Horror Results. (I Drop Several F-Bombs. For Emphasis! I'm Not Sorry! Okay, maybe a little sorry...)

 It's not thirty-one days. I do know how to count. I just was not in a great place mentally to follow a schedule for something that was ...