Thursday, July 20, 2017

Klyde's choice

Klyde looked out toward the mountains near the edge of town. He shifted his bag on his shoulder as he went into Haylo's. He needed to do this. To say good bye.
The others were laughing and sitting around one of the tables. Shane was blushing awkwardly as Tekky teased him about something. Randy and his band were looking at some sheet music Terran had written up. Mikey and Adrea were playing a game of tic-tac-toe, and Haylo was behind the counter cleaning glasses.
Klyde sucked in a breath and went to the table. "Hey guys."
They all looked up at him. Shane smiled sympathetically at him. "Hey Klyde. You doing okay?"
Klyde gave his best smile. "Yeah. I am doing okay..."
Tekky smiled, "That's the spirit! Strong through torture." He turned to Haylo. "Hey Haylo, can I get a chocolate shake for Klyde?"
Haylo nodded, giving Klyde a thoughtful glance.
"Oh no. I am not thirsty. Just ready to head out." Klyde chuckled.
He saw Haylo put down the glass in the corner of his eye.
Randy looked up and smiled, "Well if you're going, then have a good night."
Klyde smiled, "Okay you guys."
Tekky got up and gave him a big hug. "See ya tomorrow!"
Klyde hugged him and closed his eye tight. He knew he wouldn't be back for awhile... He knew they'd be hurt. But he knew he needed answers. To find who he was.
Tekky let go and Shane gave him a hug. "Hey... Get some sleep okay? I am here if you want to talk."
Klyde nodded. "Thanks..." He turned and walked to the door and went outside. He sighed and looked toward the mountains again.
"I know what you're doing Klyde."
Klyde turned around and saw Haylo standing behind him. "I don't even know what I am doing honestly..."
"I don't blame you. You turned into a werewolf. You were tortured. I'd want answers too, to be honest. But you're going alone?"
Klyde looked down. "I need this. You understand, right?"
Haylo nodded. "Yes." He handed Klyde a styrofoam cup with a straw in it. "You should take this. No need to go on an empty stomach."
Klyde took a sip and chuckled. "Chocolate shake. Thanks Haylo."
"Take care of yourself." Haylo hugged him.
Klyde smiled and turned toward the mountains and started to walk. He tried hard not to think of the others. Shane and how much he cared about him. Tekky and his enthusiastic nature and sweet personality. How they would not understand... How they'd be hurt by him leaving.
At the edge of the city, he turned around and looked back on the town. He sighed and looked down. "Please don't hate me..."
He turned to the woods and turned into his werewolf form, and barged into the woods.


No comments:

31 Days of Horror Results. (I Drop Several F-Bombs. For Emphasis! I'm Not Sorry! Okay, maybe a little sorry...)

 It's not thirty-one days. I do know how to count. I just was not in a great place mentally to follow a schedule for something that was ...