Tuesday, February 28, 2017

And he didn't even use it!

Mr. Wolfbane wrote two words on the board. “Circulatory System” “So the circulatory system, also known as the cardiovascular system, is the organ system that permits blood to circulate and transport nutrients. It circulates the blood pumped from the heart through this system and supplies oxygen and other vital substances to cells, tissue, and organs.” He smiled and turned around so. “So  if you’ll all turn to…”

Tekky’s paw shot up. “Sir?”

Mr. Wolfbane smiled, “Yes Tekky?”

Tekky shot a look at Rick, who face-pawed knowing exactly what was coming. “What is an anemic?”

Mr. Wolfbane sighed, figuring out what was coming, but still for some reason answered the question. “ Anemia is a condition marked by a deficiency of red blood cells or of hemoglobin in the blood, resulting in pallor and weariness. Hemoglobin is, by the way, a red protein responsible for transporting oxygen in the blood of vertebrates. Its molecule comprises four subunits, each containing an iron atom bound to a heme group. And yes. It can be caused by problems in the circulatory system.”

Tekky kept his paw up. “Is there anyway that an anemic person can get better?”

Rick turned in his chair to glare at Tekky, “Tekky…”

Mr. Wolfbane nodded, “Yeah, actually. One way could be to change their diet and incorporate foods like squash or greens into their meals. It would also be wise to eat foods rich in iron.”

Tekky stood up and laughed, “Ha! I told you, Rick! Anemia is bad for you and you need to let me help you!”

Rick also stood up, “Oh come on! You only want to help me so you can sink your teeth into me! You said my blood was nasty!”

Tekky slammed his fist on the table. “That is not true!”

Rick crossed his arms, “You spit it back in my face and tried to force feed me kale!”

Tekky blushed. “Okay… Maybe I was a little extreme… But I gave you that cookbook! I did it to help you!”

Rick yelled, and Shane almost fell out of his seat. “THE BOOK WAS CALLED HOW TO TASTE DELICIOUS! WRITTEN BY YOU!”

Tekky blushed more and sat down. “Maybe it was…”


1 comment:

Myriad said...

Oh my word!!! XD I'm laughing so hard right now!!

31 Days of Horror Results. (I Drop Several F-Bombs. For Emphasis! I'm Not Sorry! Okay, maybe a little sorry...)

 It's not thirty-one days. I do know how to count. I just was not in a great place mentally to follow a schedule for something that was ...